Due to our dynamic growth, we are expanding our team in Bangkok, and are currently looking for an Engineering Director.
Engineering Director - APAC
- Lead our engineering teams based in our regional offices in Melbourne, Indonesia, Malaysia, Tokyo and in our regional head office in Bangkok
- Report to the regional management in Bangkok
- Manage the detailed design of electrical and structural components of solar and wind systems in the APAC region
- Lead the technical development of projects including managing conceptual design, EPC design review, OEM evaluation, wind/solar resources, yield analysis etc.
- Coordinate and manage 3rd party technical advisors in relation to renewable power projects
- Assist in commercial contractual agreements, EPC contracts, O&M agreements, Project Finance, PPA’s, term sheets etc. – with technical input
- Manage and control the construction teams in the countries
- Screen the market and maintain relationships regarding available wind and solar technology providers and contractors
- Work closely with our multinational project management teams in the region to secure a successful implementation of our project across the region
- Electrical, Mechanical and/or Civil Engineering degree with significant Solar and/or Wind experience
- Male or female, Thai or any other foreign nationality
- At least 10 years of working experience in construction or design of Solar or wind power plants or at least 15 years’ experience in design of conventional Power Plants
- 10 years of team management experience with a focus on multinational teams
- Proficiency in CAD and/or GIS design tools are required
- Proficiency in Windfarmer / Windpro, PVSYST and Helios or similar industry standard design tools are a plus
- Excellent English communication skills: written and verbal (other languages are of advantage). Thai language is a plus for foreign applicants
- Team management skills are essential, and he/she should be able to effectively manage and mentor the engineering teams based in multiple locations throughout the APAC region
- Strong interpersonal, prioritizing, and time management skills
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently across Asia to facilitate project needs
We look forward to your application!
If you have any questions about the job offer, please get in contact with us.